What comes next?
The end of July/beginning of August - you’ll receive your registration packet from CMMS.
How can I prepare my student for middle school?
- Bring your student to the school in August to run through their schedule and find their locker.
- Have your student attend school on 7th grade orientation day (watch for an email from the school so you know when this is).
- Help your student practice their locker combination.
- Have your student practice their sleep schedule about a week before school (go to bed early, get up early, and get ready for school).
- Ensure your student is getting adequate sleep each night (remove distractions from their bedroom and consider limiting screen time 1-2 hours before bedtime).
- Help your student set up good study habits. See our study and organization presentation for ideas.
- Help your student be prepared for the first day of school. Check out this suggested list of school supplies.
- Check out these other resources: