Home of the COLTS! 2016-2017
Welcome to the Colt family! At Copper Mountain Middle School, our mission is to educate all students in a safe and supportive environment where they can learn to be responsible global citizens.
It’s almost here!
We hope you’ve all had a wonderful summer and that you’re excited to come back to school.
We wanted to give you a heads up on the dates & times of our back-to-school schedule next week, Aug. 22-26. Also, check out these tips from your counselors to have a great start to your school year!
Go to the Bell Schedule icon to see the new Bell/Lunch Schedule for this school year!
8/22: 7th Grade Orientation
o Orientation starts at 7:50 am and goes until 11:50. Buses will be running regular routes for all eligible students.
o The Immunization Care-A-Van will be at the school from 8:00-10:00 am for vaccinations.
8/22: Back to School Night
o Back to School Night is from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. We will begin in the auditorium with an introduction from Mr. Curtis, our new principal, and a PTA Business Mtg. Parents and students will then have the opportunity to meet with teachers for class information and to ask any questions you may have.
o Food Trucks from Waffle Love and CupBop will be at the school from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. Come have dinner and enjoy Back-to-School Night! A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the school.
8/23: First Day of School
o School begins for ALL students! Classes start at 7:50 am and end at 2:50 pm.
8/24: Regular Schedule
8/25: Block Schedule
8/26: Block Schedule
o Late start day! Classes start at 9:50 am and end at 2:50 pm.
o Freshman Pep Assembly during TA
We look forward to a fantastic school year!
- We need Reality Town Volunteers! Help our 9th graders get a taste of the “real world” by volunteering at our Reality Town. Check out the Reality Town Flyer for more information.
- Join our School Community Council For more information on how to join and what the School Community Council does, click this School Community Council Flyer. Hope you can join us!
- Register for the 2016-2017 School Year Received your letter for the new school year and want to get registered? Click on the Skyward button above (Gradebook icon) or click this link to be taken to the Family Login Page.
- 2016 Jordan School District Bond
The Board of Education has asked staff to move forward planning for a proposed $245 million bond for the November 2016 general election. Please visit our special bond website at jordanbond.org. We encourage all parents and taxpayers to contact us through the bond website with questions so we can respond with accurate information. There is also a bond hotline you can call at 801-567-8705
- Online Course Options Online classes are available through Jordan School District Online Courses and through Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP). Talk to your counselor for more information!
- 10th Grade ARENA SCHEDULING The counselors here at CMMS understand that Arena Scheduling is stressful, and we would love to help you if we can! Unfortunately, CMMS counselors have no access to see Arena Scheduling–including what classes are available or closed, or changing things that need to be changed. However, your counselor at Herriman High School can help! Counselors at Herriman will be available again today for Arena Scheduling between 3:30-5:30 in Herriman’s Media Center. Also, check the master schedule again today. It is constantly being updated. Things that were full yesterday, may be open today. To contact your Herriman Counselor, go the Herriman Counseling Center webpage. If students have questions about what classes they should take, CMMS counselors can help.
- HHS PEER LEADERSHIP TEAM 9th graders: want to join the Herriman High School Peer Leadership Team next year? Pick up an information packet in the the Counseling Center!
- COURSE SELECTION and HONORS CLASSES for 2016-2017!! Current 7th and 8th graders, it’s time to pick your classes for next year! The counselors have been presenting the info in the 7th grade CCA classes, and in the 8th grade Language Arts classes. If you were absent, you can get your materials from your teacher. You can also find the information on the Counseling Center Registration page. To better ensure that you classes that you want (including Honors classes), turn in all required materials to the Counseling Center by February 25th! Talk to your counselor if you have questions.
SUMMER PST (9th GRADE PE) Information is now available for 9th Grade Summer PST (PE). Flyers are available in the counseling center, or by clicking this link: Summer PST Flyer 2016. Talk to your counselor if you have any questions. Summer PE, is only available for next year’s 9th graders!
- Student Learning Watch this cool clip from Superintendent Johnson about student learning. Bonus: CMMS makes a cameo! Message from Superintendent Johnson
- Please Enroll in Smith’s Community Rewards Program! Support Copper Mountain kids! Go to http://smithscommmunityrewards.com/ and enroll: Copper Mountain #80260
- Protect your Children with Student Accidental Insurance. View these flyers for more information:
- Ready to start preparing for the ACT? Shmoop is a great resource! www.shmoop.com