Home of the COLTS! Herriman City, Utah
Facebook: Copper Mountain Middle School | Twitter: @CopperMtColts
Welcome to the Colt Family!
At Copper Mountain Middle School, our mission is to, “educate all students in a safe, supportive, challenging environment where they can learn to be citizens of a culturally diverse society.”
Sign Up for Summer PE Sessions TOMORROW (3/12/15)!
Tomorrow (3/12/15) is the day to sign up for the 9th grade summer PE class at West Hills Middle School. Sign-up opens at 4:00pm!
1. Go to this website: Jordan School District JPLS Site.
2. Enter your information. Use FirstName.LastName as the User name. Create a password. Enter your email address. Verify your email. Click on save. Click on Log-In.
3. On the home page, look to the right and click on PST (Physical Skills and Techniques) Summer Class Registration. Read the PST information and scroll down until you see the sections. Pick the section you want to register for and click on “Register (Section 1–7:30am-11:00am)” OR “Register (Section2–12:00pm-3:00pm)”. From there you will see up a pop message directing you as to what to do next.
If you would like a detailed outline of how to sign up, click here for the detailed form PST Online Registration 2015. Contact the Counseling Center if you have questions 801-412-1297.
It’s REGISTRATION TIME for 2015-2016
Time to pick classes for next year. Go to the Registration page, under School Info tab above to get a copy of your card, and a lot more information that help you!
Please Enroll in Smith’s Community Rewards Program
Support Copper Mountain kids! Go to http://smithscommmunityrewards.com/ and enroll: Copper Mountain #80260
March 25 – Choir Concert 7:00
March 26 Last day of 3rd Quarter, TALENT Show applications due to the main office 3:00PM
March 27 – No School
March 31 – Music Festival, TALENT Show auditions after school by appointment.
April 2-6 – No School Spring Break!
April 9- Mr. & Miss Colt Assembly, Band Fest @ So Hills
April 11 – State Science Olympiad at U of U
April 14- French & CTE Field Trip
April 15 – SCC meeting at 6:00,
April 15 – Student Talent Show
April 16 – Colt Corral, Fashion Field Trip
April 17 – 9th grade TA High School Assem.
April 20 – Dog Gone Night, 5-6:30 North end of Cafeteria, hot dogs for all !
April 21 – Colt of the Quarter Assembly
April 21 &22 – Herriman High Arena Scheduling
April 22 – Advanced Dance Field Trip
April 24 – 9 th Grade Panoramic Picture!
April 27 – State Math Competition at BYU
April 27-29 SAGE TESTING Language Arts
May 4-6 SAGE TESTING Math
May 11-13 SAGE TESTING Science
Colt Connection (CMMS Newsletter)
View our Newsletter here! Colt Connection November 2014
Counselor Corner: A Quick Message from Your CMMS Counselors!
Guidance Lesson to 7th Graders: Balancing Life Roles
Brian Tracy said, “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance” (Brian Tracy Quotes – Inspirational Words of Wisdom n.d.).
Our first guidance lesson of the year was balancing life roles. The purpose of this lesson was to inform 7th graders of their roles as a Family Member, Community Member, Citizen, Student, and Individual. When students become self-aware of what roles they play in their life, they are better apt to recognize their thoughts, feelings, goals, and values in life. Furthermore, as students become aware of their roles in life and the goals and beliefs they value, they will also need to know how to balance and manage their time in these roles.
A few questions we asked our 7th graders to ponder:
- What is your current level of time spent in each life role? (Family Member, Individual Leisure, Learner/Student, Worker, Citizen, Community Member).
- What is your preferred level of time you want to spend in each life role?
- What changes would you need to make in your life to spend your time in a way that would bring you greater satisfaction and accomplishment?
- Will these changes help you reach your goals for the future?
The Explore Test for 8th Graders
The purpose of the Explore Test is to help 8th graders know:
- their current level of proficiency in English, Math, Reading, and Science.
- how to better plan for high school courses.
- how to prepare for the ACT.
- practice taking a standardized test (like the ACT or SAT).
- or what career direction to choose.
Ready to start preparing for the ACT? Shmoop is a great resource!
Read our latest COLT CONNECTION Newsletter! Go to the community tab! Great reading!
CMMS Student Registration for 2014-2015
Registration process includes meeting with the attendance secretary, paying fees, completing paperwork, and meeting with your counselor to build your schedule. This process takes approximately two hours. A parent/legal guardian must accompany new students. Paperwork can be completed and forms turned in to CMMS attendance at any time, but to obtain the student’s schedule, an appointment with the school counselor will need to be made. Appointments can be made by calling 801-412-1264
For more information on registration and to view all materials (including registration cards, class descriptions, and Honors applications) please go to the Registration link found on the Counseling Center page or click HERE!