Home of the COLTS! 2015-2016
Welcome to the Colt family! At Copper Mountain Middle School, our mission is to educate all students in a safe and supportive environment where they can learn to be responsible global citizens.
HITTING OUR STRIDE!
SUMMER PST (9th GRADE PE) Information is now available for 9th Grade Summer PST (PE). Flyers are available in the counseling center, or by clicking this link: Summer PST Flyer 2016. Talk to your counselor if you have any questions. Summer PE, is only available for next year’s 9th graders!
Buy your tickets for Mary Poppins! BUY TICKETS HERE!!!
- Copper Mountain Colts want you to be idle free! Mr. S. Henderson’s 3rd period class chose to take on an extra project to show that even as a middle school student they can get involved and make a change in their community. They chose to make an impact on our environment here at the school. As a 100% student directed plan they researched and then presented their plan to install No Idling signs here at the school. Principal Baker and our Head Custodian, Mr. Sprague, helped out and got the signs up within a day! Watch the video below, take the challenge, and pledge to, “Turn the Key and be Idle Free!” Watch the Video!
- CMMS December Newsletter! The Colt Connection-December 2015
- Jordan Academy for Technology & Careers–OPEN HOUSE!! The annual Jordan Academy for Technology & Careers (JATC) open house will be held Thursday, February 4th from 4 to 8 p.m. The JATC has two campuses, one in West Jordan and a new second campus in Riverton. Both campuses will host an open house on February 4th.The JATC is a Jordan District program for high school juniors and seniors interested in health care, engineering, information technology, skilled and technical, or education career pathways. These hands-on programs help students become career and college ready as well as provide opportunities for them to have leadership experiences, work with professionals in the community, and, in most programs, earn college credit.Attendees will meet staff and learn about the great opportunities available in the following programs: auto collision repair, barbering, biotechnology, commercial aircraft pilot, computer programming, certified nursing assistant, dental assistant, digital media, emergency medical technician, engineering, fire science, heavy duty diesel mechanic, landscape management, medical assistant, nail technician, occupational therapy, pharmacy technician, physical therapy, surgical technology, teacher education, veterinary science, web and mobile application development, and welding.Don’t miss this event and your opportunity to become more college and career ready!
- Student Learning Watch this cool clip from Superintendent Johnson about student learning. Bonus: CMMS makes a cameo! Message from Superintendent Johnson
- It’s time for 8th Grade Job Shadow! 8th graders will receive a packet from their U.S. History teacher on Monday, November 9th. This packet covers the details that your student needs to know to do this activity. You can also get the information by looking at the Job Shadow Webpage, or by calling our Counseling Center at 801-412-1297.
Order your PTSA CMMS Shirts Below is the link for online ordering of the PTSA CMMS T-shirts and zip up hoodies! The deadline for orders is next Friday, November 13th. What a great Christmas present! http://solid.city/creator/copper-mountain/
- Please Enroll in Smith’s Community Rewards Program! Support Copper Mountain kids! Go to http://smithscommmunityrewards.com/ and enroll: Copper Mountain #80260
- Protect your Children with Student Accidental Insurance. View these flyers for more information:
- Ready to start preparing for the ACT? Shmoop is a great resource! www.shmoop.com