Home of the COLTS! 2015-2016
Welcome to the Colt family! At Copper Mountain Middle School, our mission is to educate all students in a safe and supportive environment where they can learn to be responsible global citizens.
HITTING OUR STRIDE!
- 10th Grade ARENA SCHEDULING The counselors here at CMMS understand that Arena Scheduling is stressful, and we would love to help you if we can! Unfortunately, CMMS counselors have no access to see Arena Scheduling–including what classes are available or closed, or changing things that need to be changed. However, your counselor at Herriman High School can help! Counselors at Herriman will be available again today for Arena Scheduling between 3:30-5:30 in Herriman’s Media Center. Also, check the master schedule again today. It is constantly being updated. Things that were full yesterday, may be open today. To contact your Herriman Counselor, go the Herriman Counseling Center webpage. If students have questions about what classes they should take, CMMS counselors can help.
- HHS PEER LEADERSHIP TEAM 9th graders: want to join the Herriman High School Peer Leadership Team next year? Pick up an information packet in the the Counseling Center!
- COURSE SELECTION and HONORS CLASSES for 2016-2017!! Current 7th and 8th graders, it’s time to pick your classes for next year! The counselors have been presenting the info in the 7th grade CCA classes, and in the 8th grade Language Arts classes. If you were absent, you can get your materials from your teacher. You can also find the information on the Counseling Center Registration page. To better ensure that you classes that you want (including Honors classes), turn in all required materials to the Counseling Center by February 25th! Talk to your counselor if you have questions.
SUMMER PST (9th GRADE PE) Information is now available for 9th Grade Summer PST (PE). Flyers are available in the counseling center, or by clicking this link: Summer PST Flyer 2016. Talk to your counselor if you have any questions. Summer PE, is only available for next year’s 9th graders!
- Copper Mountain Colts want you to be idle free! Mr. S. Henderson’s 3rd period class chose to take on an extra project to show that even as a middle school student they can get involved and make a change in their community. They chose to make an impact on our environment here at the school. As a 100% student directed plan they researched and then presented their plan to install No Idling signs here at the school. Principal Baker and our Head Custodian, Mr. Sprague, helped out and got the signs up within a day! Watch the video below, take the challenge, and pledge to, “Turn the Key and be Idle Free!” Watch the Video!
- CMMS December Newsletter! The Colt Connection-December 2015
- Student Learning Watch this cool clip from Superintendent Johnson about student learning. Bonus: CMMS makes a cameo! Message from Superintendent Johnson
Order your PTSA CMMS Shirts Below is the link for online ordering of the PTSA CMMS T-shirts and zip up hoodies! The deadline for orders is next Friday, November 13th. What a great Christmas present! http://solid.city/creator/copper-mountain/
- Please Enroll in Smith’s Community Rewards Program! Support Copper Mountain kids! Go to http://smithscommmunityrewards.com/ and enroll: Copper Mountain #80260
- Protect your Children with Student Accidental Insurance. View these flyers for more information:
- Ready to start preparing for the ACT? Shmoop is a great resource! www.shmoop.com