Home of the COLTS! 2016-2017
Welcome to the Colt family! At Copper Mountain Middle School, our mission is to educate all students in a safe and supportive environment where they can learn to be responsible global citizens.
- JATC Open House The annual Jordan Academy for Technology & Careers (JATC) open house will be held Thursday, January 26th from 4 to 8 p.m. The JATC has two campuses, one in West Jordan and a new second campus in Riverton. Both campuses will host an open house on January 26th.The JATC is a Jordan District program for high school juniors and seniors interested in health care, engineering, information technology, skilled and technical, or education career pathways. These hands-on programs help students become career and college ready as well as provide opportunities for them to have leadership experiences, work with professionals in the community, and, in most programs, earn college credit.
Attendees will meet staff and learn about the great opportunities available in the following programs: auto collision repair, barbering, biotechnology, commercial aircraft pilot, computer programming, certified nursing assistant, criminal justice, dental assistant, digital media, emergency medical technician, engineering, fire science, heavy duty diesel mechanic, landscape architecture/urban horticulture, medical assistant, nail technician, occupational therapy, pharmacy technician, physical therapy, surgical technology, teacher education, veterinary science, web and mobile application development, and welding.
Don’t miss this event and your opportunity to become more college and career ready!
- Winter Weather With all the snow be in the know on possible school closures. Check out this link for the JSD info on what to do: http://jordandistrict.org/resources/emergency/
- Happy Christmas Break! Break for the holidays will be Thursday, 12/22/16 – Monday, 1/2/17. We start back at school on Tuesday, January 3rd!
- 8th Grade Planning for College and Career Readiness Meetings: Our counselors have been busy meeting with each and every 8th grader and his/her parent to discuss high school, college, and possible careers for the future. There’s still time before 9th grade registration to meet if a reschedule is needed. Your counselors are here to help and answer all your questions.
- Quarter 2 Mid-Terms: This week marks the halfway point for Quarter 2. Time to get those assignments and tests done!
- Holiday Music Concerts: Congratulations to the CMMS Orchestra classes on a fantastic performance on Wednesday, Dec. 7! This week we are excited for the following Holiday Music Concerts:
- Dance – 12/13 @ 6:30 pm
- Choir – 12/14 @ 7:00 pm
- Band – 12/15 @ 7:00 pm
- All concerts will be held in the Copper Mountain Auditorium. We hope to see you there!
- Parking Lot Traffic Flow Pattern: As a friendly reminder of our traffic flow pattern for drop-off and pick-up
at Copper Mountain Middle please see the traffic flow map and guidelines below. Please review it and let us know if you have any questions. It is our goal to provide a traffic pattern that is safe for students, in the most efficient manner possible. We really appreciate your support and patience as you drop-off and pick-up your students at the school.
- School Community Council Meeting – February, Feb. 9 @ 6:30: Visit the SCC page to see the agenda and previous meeting minutes.
- The Colt Connection: The school newsletter, The Colt Connection is now available. CMMS has been keeping busy!
- “Helping Your Student in the Middle Years” : November Newsletter is now available. Check it out on our Community Page!
- Netsmartz Assembly: On Tuesday, October 4th, we held our annual Netsmartz Assembly to help teach and reinforce Internet safety to our students. Check out the Netsmartz Website for even more resources on things you can do as a parent to keep your student safe on the Internet.
- Online Course Options: Online classes are available through Jordan School District Online Courses and through Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP). Talk to your counselor for more information!
- Enroll in Smith’s Community Rewards Program! Support Copper Mountain kids! Go to http://smithscommmunityrewards.com/ and enroll: Copper Mountain #80260
- Protect your Children with Student Accidental Insurance: View these flyers for more information:
- Student Accident Insurance Flyer Student Accident Insurance–Spanish