Are you interested in being a leader in the school next year and serving as a Student Body Officer? If you are interested, make sure you get the application completed by March 20th! Check out the links below. If you have additional questions, please talk with Ms. Randall, Ms. Jenkins, or Ms. Morrow. Thanks, students, and good luck!
Next year's 7th Grade SBO Application
Next year's 8th and 9th Grade SBO Application
Next year's Sophomore (10th Grade) SBO Application
Hi parents and students,
We would like to thank all of you that attended our in-person Parent Teacher Conferences last night. Tonight is a virtual night for parents to meet with teachers through Zoom. Zoom conferences will be available from 4:00pm to 7:30pm.
List of Zoom Conference links by teacher
Spring Parent Teacher Conferences are here! In addition to conferences with teachers, we are also inviting parents and students to visit the school for our Culture Night (same night as in-person parent teacher conferences). There will be food for the family, student work hanging up in the hallways, and performances in the Auditorium. Please plan to attend! Spanish translation services will also be available. Also, there is no school on Friday (February 17) or Monday (February 20).
- Wednesday, February 15th - In-person Parent Teacher Conferences and Culture Night (4:00pm to 7:30pm)
- Thursday, February 16th - Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences (4:00pm to 7:30pm, click here for Zoom links)
Edficienty is a new tool that we are excited to roll out to students! With Edficiency, you will be able to request to go to specific teachers during TA/remediation time. This should be a good way for you to get some additional help in classes. Teachers will still be able to request you to their room on their regular remediation day but now you will be able to request help on the teacher's "Open TA" day. To access Edficiency, please visit https://cmms.edf.school/.
Please watch the tutorial video to learn how to login and use Edficiency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKOXaV0TDXM
Hi Colts and Parents!
Here is our updated bell schedule for this Wednesday, December 21:
Have a wonderful last week of classes before Winter Break!
We will resume school on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
We are in the thick of the holiday season and that means lots of performances and events at Copper Mountain Middle. It also means that we have a lengthy school break coming up! Here are the details:
- Tuesday December 13th - Dance Performance (CMMS) 7:00pm
- Wednesday December 14th - Dance Performance Assembly (AM assembly schedule)
- Wednesday December 14th - Orchestra Concert (CMMS) 6:00pm
- Thursday December 15th - Brown Bag and a Book (All Lunches)
- Thursday December 15th - Choir Concert (CMMS) 7:00pm
- Friday December 16th - CMMS vs MCMS Basketball game (Herriman High School) 5:00pm, $2 entry fee or bring two cans of food
- Tuesday December 20th - Band Concert (CMMS) - 7:00pm
- Wednesday December 21st - Performing Arts Holiday Assembly
- Thursday December 22nd to January 2nd - Winter Recess (NO SCHOOL), first day back is Tuesday January 3rd
Hi Colts and parents!
Thanksgiving Break is nearly here. There will be no school on November 23, 24, or 25. We will be back in school on Monday November 28th. As we enter the holiday season, the CMMS Mental Health Team (counselors, psychologist, social worker) wanted to share a message for both students and their parents. Please view the message by clicking the link below. We are so grateful for all of our students and look forward to continuing to offer support. Have a wonderful break!
Winter Wellness Newsletter
Students and Parents,
Today is the final day of 1st Quarter! Congratulations to our 7th graders for making it through their first quarter of middle school. For 9th graders, this will be the first quarter where you are earning high school credits. The end of a quarter is a good time to reflect on how things have gone and think about how we can improve and make 2nd quarter even better!
Please be aware that there will be no school tomorrow, October 21st. It is the district's grade transmittal day. The following week (October 24-28) there is no school because of Fall Break. Enjoy your time off and be safe! Monday, October 31st is the first day of 2nd quarter.
This message is specifically for 8th grade students and their parents. On Wednesday, October 5th, 8th grade students will be participating in a Job Shadow Experience. This activity was discussed in TA class several weeks ago so students should already be aware of it. It is expected that all 8th graders will participate. Because it is a school activity, students will be excused from school that day as long as they have completed and returned the Disclosure form to the Counseling Center before October 5th.
For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YWLwKnmfSowyLPn4Qul_GadrVCxM4BFW/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117395829318517398847&rtpof=true&sd=true
If you have additional questions, please reach out to the Counseling Center at 801-412-1287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences are coming soon! Here are the details:
- Wednesday, September 28th from 4:00pm to 7:30pm - This will be the virtual night for Parent Teacher Conferences. Parents and students will be able to meet with their teachers through Zoom. Please visit this Google Sheet for a list of teachers' Zoom links. Teachers will not be available for in-person meetings this night.
- Thursday, September 29th from 4:00pm to 7:30pm - This will be the in-person night for Parent Teacher Conferences. Hot dogs and chips will be available as well so bring the family over for dinner and meet with your student's teachers.
A few other things to be aware of:
- Book Fair will be held 9/26 to 9/29. On 9/26 and 9/27 (Monday and Tuesday), it will be available in the Library for 20 minutes after school. on 9/28 (Wednesday), it will be available to students during lunches. On 9/29 (Thursday), it will be available during lunches and during Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Say Boo to the Flu will also be available during the in-person Parent Teacher Conferences (Thursday, 9/29 from 4:00 to 7:30). If you want to get your flu vaccination, nurses will be available to help you. Please remember to bring your ID and insurance card.
- No school on Friday, September 30th!